Earlier this week, we hosted the very first AI in Banking Summit. Over 1,200 attendees from all over the world tuned in to hear the latest developments with AI in the banking industry.
In case you missed it, here are the highlights, as well as some of the key takeaways we learned from the speakers.Catch up on the first ever AI in Banking Summit now. Click To Tweet
We started the summit with a discussion of chatbots: what they are, how to build them, and how they’re changing banking. We heard from speakers Peter Wannemacher, Lucas Ives, Kriti Sharma, Ben Brown, and Jim Marous.
The second day focused on the practical applications of AI in banking, including fraud detection, customer advocacy, and turning data into insights. Speakers included Marc Torrens, Reona Bassudeo, Brandon Dewitt, Joe Decosmo, George Kunkel & Imam Hoque, Thomas Wiecki, and Ron Shevlin.
On the last day, we discussed how AI innovation is changing banking today and shaping the future. We heard from speakers Jason Henrichs, Yasaman Hadjibashi, Devie Mohan, Penny Crosman, Anne Boden, and Brett King.
With more than 20 speakers and over 11 hours of content, we heard a broad range of perspectives. But there were several key themes:
- AI can be used to surface new insights from customer transaction data and create more personalized user experiences.
- Chatbots are a great way to provide instant, conversational customer service, but they need to be compelling and well trained.
- AI is helping build the invisible bank of the future.
- Customer advocacy is becoming more and more important in banking, as AI is democratizing consumer access to advice and support.
- AI will likely eliminate some banking jobs, but it will also create new ones.
- AI can help mitigate risk and promote better financial decision-making.
- Fintech partnerships enable banks to innovate faster, cheaper, and better than they could in-house.
For more details, watch the full talks here: https://summit.abe.ai/speakers/
Finally, we want to thank all of our speakers, sponsors, and attendees for making this event such a resounding success. And a very special thank you to our co-hosts at Fintech Forge for partnering with us to make this event happen. We really appreciate all of your hard work and support.
We look forward to seeing you again next year!