Abe is an AI-powered banking chatbot that helps you manage your finances. When you chat with Abe, he provides personalized financial advice to help you track spending, monitor cash flow, and achieve your savings goals.
We are looking for a Conversational Copywriter to join our team of data scientists, bot developers, and product marketers. Chatbots live and die by how well they speak, and we’re looking for the perfect candidate to shape Abe’s conversations with our users. We’re looking for a sharp, empathetic, and detail-oriented writer to be the voice of Abe.
Does this sound like you? If you’re passionate about effective communication and how it relates to the bot user experience, we’d love to hear from you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with UX designers and engineers to establish the tone and voice of Abe
- Write carefully crafted and contextually rich conversations for a wide range of financial personas
- Adapt conversations to match the unique voice and brand of various banking partners
- Design conversational experiences for a range of banking services across multiple channels
- Contribute to the bot development community through writing and speaking engagements
You Are a Great Fit for This Role If
- You have a way with words and derive immense satisfaction from crafting pitch-perfect copy
- You have an eye for the details; your writing is consistently clear and free of spelling/grammar/punctuation errors
- You have life experience that has made you appreciate the importance of money management
- You describe yourself as a “copyhacker”
- You’re easygoing, yet driven, and you never settle for less than your best work
- You understand that writing is a team sport and work well in a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience writing, editing, and proofreading copy
- Experience architecting and writing dialogue (Bonus points if this experience relates to AI/bot applications)
- Comfortable working on teams with an experimental and agile mindset
- Experience working in a fast-paced and flat management environment
- Familiarity with GitHub
- You’ve read On Writing by Stephen King
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, include the job title you are interested in. Describe why you are a good fit for the role and include any relevant supporting materials such as a portfolio, writing samples, and links to your online profiles (GitHub, LinkedIn, and/or personal website).
We understand that money management is often difficult and stressful, and we want to change that. We built Abe to help a digitally native banking generation be better with money.
At Abe, we treat every current and prospective employee with respect. We’re excited to work with qualified and talented individuals regardless of their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. We celebrate our team’s diversity and recognize that our differences help us build a product designed for everyone.